The FRM Global Equity Long Short strategy is a concentrated portfolio of equity long-short managers with different investment styles and geographies. Man FRM has extensive experience in Equity Long-Short investing since 1998.
The key features of the strategy are:
- Aims to capture equity market upside driven by stock selection, while seeking to preserving capital on the downside through active risk management
- Seeks to produce comparable or better returns than long-only strategies, with less risk
- Invests in concentrated strategies focusing on what we view as the manager’s specific skill advantage
- Underlying managers tend to be nimble and flexible, thus in our view have greater potential to capitalize on time-sensitive opportunities
- Focuses on high conviction, flexible managers who have the potential to capitalize on long-short equity opportunities while seeking to mitigate concentration risks that arise from investing with a single manager