GLG RI Sustainable Energy Transition strategy is a bottom up, global long-short equity strategy focused on Energy Transition. The team will seek to reward industry leaders with credible plans to reduce emissions while engaging with laggards to promote a change in behaviour.* The team deliberately include the oil and gas sector, in order to accelerate the transition to cleaner energy.
- Managed by Firmino Morgado (+25 years’ experience) and Filipe Bergana (+15 years’ experience)
- Multi-discipline, cross-sector approach built on experience from other transition processes
- Responsible, sustainable approach to Energy Transition that allocates capital to drive change
- Rewarding leaders with credible plans to reduce emissions while engaging with laggards to promote a change in behaviour*
- We believe the strategy has a contrasting approach from other ESG strategy’s which outright avoid contentious – although crucial – sectors
*The companies that the team view as leaders will be considered for the long book whilst the companies viewed as laggards will be considered for the short book.